Monday 26 October 2009

Choosing a PR dissertation question

This blog is to help students with choosing a question for their Public Relations Dissertation.

26.10.2009


After reading a few articles about the lack of student blogs on the internet this one in particular; http://www.prblogger.com/2008/03/where-are-all-the-student-pr-bloggers/ I chose to create this blog as part of my own dissertation (looking at 'New Media') but also to help people who have difficulties in choosing a question for their own dissertation much like I did. Whether you are going to look at; Crisis Management, PR in sport, corperate communications or financial PR for example hopefully this will be the blog to help you out.

In fact I am still unsure about the details of my question and so I hope this blog helps to throw up some ideas. If you are reading this and already have an idea or any questions regarding your dissertation please comment.

I am also going to try and get some well established PR's to comment on my blog which would be extremely useful to students.

The following link was really helpful to me for choosing an idea:

http://www.simonwakeman.com/2008/09/11/help-with-public-relations-dissertations/

The question I am thinking about writing about at the moment is:

'How has the corporate communications methods changed over the past twenty years, looking directly at Xicon ltd.'

Any advice or ideas on how to improve this question would be extremely grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    How's it going? Are you planning on keeping blogging?

    cheers
    sw

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. simon,

    no it was just an experiment really which has proven to be ineffective. your blog is good though, has helped me to think of a better question-does social media support 2 way symetric comms.

    are you currently in the pr industry?

    ReplyDelete